School dances can be fun, community building events for the students. Often, they are used to celebrate events such as graduations or holidays, though some PTAs integrate them into the curriculum. Dances can double as a fundraisers if food and beverages are sold and admission is charged.
Suggestions for PTA-run school dances:
- Enlist a family member to serve as a DJ
- Have family members prepare refreshments
- Have family members and students create decorations
- Ask local businesses to donate refreshments or decorations
- Ask local businesses to sponsor the event